While reading, I realized that Juliet was only 13 years old and her father was talking about how it was time for her to get married to Paris. Since "Romeo and Juliet" is a famous play, I already know the tragic fate of the two lovers. But it really surprised me that Juliet fell in love with Romeo and killed herself over him at the young age of 13! It was probably acceptable to get married at that age back when Shakespeare was alive, but it still surprises me that Juliet was brave enough to kill herself over a boy she just met.
Romeo seems smart, depressed and very romantic. Throughout the beginning of the play, he is completely heartbroken over his old girlfriend who just broke up with him. When he sees Juliet at the Capulet party, he completely forgets his old girlfriend. He flirts with Juliet a little at the party and shows no sign of remembering his old girlfriend.
"Romeo and Juliet" is a widely known play with a plot that is known by almost everyone. I don't know about the minor details of the plot, but I do know that Romeo and Juliet (spoiler alert!) kill themselves in the end and put a stop to their long time families feud. Act 1 wasn't very exciting, it just have background information about the characters and their role in the play.
No comments:
Post a Comment