Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Catcher in the Rye

I think being unique means that you are different from other people. Being unique doesn't mean that you completely stand out from others, I think it means you might have a different personality or look compared to someone else. Being unique is what separates you from other people, it's what makes you special!

I think in order to keep individuality in an adult world you just have to be you. Dress how you want, do the activities that you like, do what makes you happy. As long as you stay true to yourself and don't do what others do because they want you to or you feel left out. Do what makes you happy.

Allies character is similar to my favorite person because they are both understanding and very nice. Allie is described as being really smart and I think that my favorite person is smart and likes to read too. Also, Allie has a good sense of humor and laughs a lot just like my favorite person.

If I were Holden and I just got kicked out of a school like Prencey Prep, I would go to my grandma's house. My grandma is super caring and understanding. She would be disappointed with me but she wouldn't yell or send me away. She would try to make me feel better instead of making me feel bad. Also, my grandma has lots of good food in her house.

Jane is important to Holden because they were in a relationship together for a while. Jane seems like a smart person who likes to learn and try new things. She seems sort of sensitive and bottled up because she wouldn't tell anyone what was going on with her step father. She wouldn't even tell Holden. But besides that she seems nice.

At the end of chapter 12, Holden says "people are always ruining things for you." I don't fully agree with this statement. People only ruin things for you if you let them. I think Holden said this because he was feeling depressed and didn't really want to associate with people who were concerning other things besides him. A time where someone has ruined something for me was when I was going to go shopping with my aunts. My younger brother had found out and wanted to come along. The only problem was that there wasn't enough room in the car for him to come. My younger brother began to cry and we had to cancel the shopping trip.

1 comment:

  1. I like your definition of being unique and I completely agree with you. Also, I like how you wrote that you would go to your grandmas house if you got kicked out of school. I agree with you because most grandmothers are very sweet and understanding. Good job!

    ReplyDelete