Sunday, March 23, 2014

The effect of gamma rays on man in the moon marigolds

The effect of gamma rays on man in the moon marigolds (TEOGRITMM) is a famous play written by Paul Zindel about a girl named Tillie who lives in a unstable household. In the play Tillie has a passion for science and conducts an experiment on how gamma rays effect marigolds. Her project is so good she got to present it at a science fair. In science class I did a also did a project and got to present it along with the other students to out parents. Like Tillie I also like science and conducting experiments. Tillie is very respectful towards her mother even though her mother is selfish and unfair. My mother isn't selfish or unfair, but I believe I'm respectful towards her. It isn't easy to relate to this play because it is so dramatic and emotional.

1 comment:

  1. True, the play was hard to relate to. Although interesting note on how Tillie still respects her mother, I can relate to her there too. But here's a question, is it respect she feels towards mother, or fear? Probably more respect than fear, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tillie was just a little afraid...
    - Jack

    ReplyDelete